The rest of the day in Montevideo with Romina and Mariela was quite fun. We joked that I was livin la vida local since Romina had a lot of errands to run and I was happy to go along with her. Mariela worked during the day so she would meet up with us afterwards.
Some of the things we did —
- Romina had an interview and I found an internet cafe nearby
- Romina needed to get approved for an apartment and I went to the bank with her
- Romina had to pay her phone bill
- Romina needed to look at an apartment (2 blocks from the beach in a nice neighborhood, $300USD/month) – my artsy shot from one of the windows in the apartment we looked at
- I had to go to a hardware store for a converter
- Romina took me to the old city and gave me a tour of historic Montevideo
I thought this facade was so elegant and pretty. The dark doors are simply gorgeous.
Famous theatre – we went inside for a peek before a show was to start.
And then the mate canisters…more on this later!!
Leave a Reply